Saturday, February 4, 2017

2016 Christmas Card

This was my Christmas card for 2016.  I tend to lean toward simple and clean cards. I used several techniques to make this "simple" card which included heat embossing Hero Arts White Embossing Powder for the snowflakes, blending the background with Distress Inks, a little dimension with the Nuvo Glimmer Paste for snow and Gina K's Christmas Greenery stamp set.

Needless to say, some of the challenges I had were forgetting to use an embossing powered tool on some of the cards before using my Versamark ink. That led to several pieces of card stock being chucked or put aside for stamping off in the future. Also, this round it was my first time using the glimmer paste and ultimately ends up using my fingers to apply. I couldn't get the results I liked when using a palette knife.  



However, as usual, I was happy with my final results so the adventure continues!

Keep on crafting,
Sarah


2 comments:

  1. Hello Shines!!! Super cute card!! Now you need to join some challenges and your on your way!!! Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a super cute card and I love it!!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete