Sunday, March 5, 2017

Wish Upon a Star...

I finally took the plunge and made a night sky scene using distress inks.  What I couldn't get over is how many colors go into making a cosmos panel for a card.

I lined up all the colors using mini distress ink pads because I didn't think I would have enough room on my table for the original size ink pads!!

The Distress colors used were: Picked Raspberry, Fossilized Amber, Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers, Seedless Preserves, Mermaid Lagoon, Black Soot

After color blending the background I used a paint brush to flick white spots of Picket Fence Distress Paint all over the panel.  
I waited until the next morning to heat emboss the white star onto the panel.  
The "Make a wish" stamp came from a Reverse Confetti stamp set called "Folded Tag Sentiment". 
I ran the coordinating confetti cuts through my Ebosser die cut machine to get the tag for the sentiment. 
Then I raised it up with some foam dots.  
I applied the entire panel onto a black card base. Done!



And a close up

All products listed below with links:-)

Seedless Preserves

Mermaid Lagoon

Peacock Feathers

Cracked Pistachio

Fossilized Amber

Picked Raspberry

Black Soot

Picket Fence Distress Paint

Reverse Confetti "Folded Tag Sentiments"

Reverse Confetti Folded Tag Confetti Cuts


Thanks for stopping & all the best,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment